Monday, February 24, 2014

The Big Green Carp Windsock


I found a big green carp windsock in a sack behind the couch.It was something Grandma bought and stored. I hung it up in the backyard where I could see it from the kitchen window. It really looked out of place. I have had this cough for a week and feeling somewhat out of place, so that windsock reminded me of how I was feeling out of sorts. It is difficult to make plans when under the weather. Just after taking this picture there was a knock on the door and two ladies stood with watchtower tracts. I was glad that they came, I was able to share about Jesus as Lord who left behind the Comforter,(John 14:26) the Holy Spirit to give us power and truth and peace, (John 14:27). He is a person, not a force, not an it. There is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that are the one God.The lead woman said that she had been a Catholic but now she was in the truth. I told her that we never have all of the truth and that she needs to keep reading the Bible on her own. She agreed that Jesus is Lord of Lords , King of Kings, but that the Father is greater. I said in authority the Father was greater, but the father gave all authority to Jesus. She said but he is in heaven now, yes, but he gave his authority to his witnesses and the power of the Holy Spirit. It was through the blood of Jesus that we are redeemed. She somewhat agreed. They left, but I was feeling I still had a reason and purpose. I was not hung out to blow in the breeze like that carp windsock. We are here to be witnesses of his truth.

About that Carp windsock; it is from Japan and used for a traditional calendar event called Koinobori, Children's Day. This takes place on May 5 when landscapes across Japan are decorated with koinobori from April to early May, in honor of sons and in the hope that they will grow up healthy and strong. May our sons and daughters grow up healthy and strong and may they be true disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: