Saturday, February 8, 2014

Crucified with Christ


Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I love this verse. I am crucified with Christ, my body died with him; so that I might live in Christ and he in me, by His Spirit. I live by faith in the Son of God, he loves me, and gave himself for me. Jesus did it all. Now we work out our life to conform to our new position as children of God. Saved through faith unto good works. We must be careful to remember the order of things. Faith and then works. We are his voice and body to proclaim the way; Grace through faith in Jesus Christ.


Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Frustration is confusion in action; we do not seek our righteousness by our own efforts, if it were so, then Christ need not have died on the cross. If we make our own righteousness, why did Jesus have to come? Many religions insist on works or some gift or action to be truly saved. It is the work of God through faith.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.


Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )

We add nothing to grace. If we could save ourselves, then Jesus did not need to come, to suffer and die for our sins. Believe in him and trust and obey God. We will be judged for faithfulness, as to rewards. Yes, it is possible to be saved by grace and do nothing with your new life, but isn't that a waste? All are gifted for some ministry. Add nothing to salvation, but give all your life to Christ Jesus in His service.



No comments: