Sunday, February 16, 2014

A good name


Pro 22:1  A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. 

The local newspaper had a picture and a write up of a woman who turned 100. I recognized her as one of the women we see at one of our rest home services. I had no idea about her past, but the article spoke her name and that she had been a photographer. I knew this name and although I did not personally know her, I had seen her work and it was beautiful. As I was beginning business she was still working and her work inspired me.  Her wedding pictures were lovely. Sunday afternoon I saw her at our rest home service. I spoke her name and showed her the  picture that I had saved with the article in the newspaper. When I was asked to share something, I told everyone about how this lady was a wonderful photographer and that she had inspired me as I was beginning a photography business. I knew her name and I knew her work. We are often known more from our works, our fruit, than we are known by name. Let us have good fruit to be remembered by, to bless others, even if our name is not known. The Lord keeps a record of names and spiritual fruit. Pleasing him is most important. How are we known by others?
 
Luk 6:43  For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luk 6:44  For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
Luk 6:45  A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

1Pe 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
 


No comments: