Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I will never leave you


Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Let your conversation: tropos, Manner of life, your ways, your character; be content, be satisfied with God's provision, do not seek after things or other idols; anything between you and God. I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Our attention should be on serving and pleasing God, his Son Jesus with a way of life where he is Lord of all. I want his presence with me as he was with Moses.
This quote was originally given to Joshua, but Paul has applied it to all who are the heirs of salvation.

Jos 1:5  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Jos 1:6  Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
Jos 1:7  Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
Jos 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Jos 1:9  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


Be strong in faith, in your character by reading his word, in your actions, in following the Holy Spirit. Our inheritance is not a physical land but a place in heaven prepared for you, for us by our Master, Jesus Christ. He is coming for those who are looking for him. Keep in the word of truth, live for him, be content and expect him to come at any time. He will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) and "I go to prepare a place for you", in my Father's house in heaven. Until he comes for us he will be with us in the Comforter that he will give to his disciples, the Spirit of truth and His power.

John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.


Joh 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 

Joh 14:11  Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 
Joh 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 
Joh 14:13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 
Joh 14:14  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 
Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments. 
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 
Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 
Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 

Having his truth and power we must pray to the Father for His direction.


No comments: