Monday, September 9, 2013

The work of our hands


I remember my folks in retirement, moving to a ten acre ranch where they had fruit and nut trees, cattle, geese and ducks, and a big garden. They were kept busy and they had their church to attend, an older church with beautiful stained glass windows. They were kept busy, but also lived a simple life. Their hard work supplied them and they shared with many others. We recently placed flowers on their grave, in remembrance of the love we have for them.
 
1Cor 15:58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 

Jesus worked the works of the Father. He endured suffering and on the cross secured our salvation. When his work was done he said, "it is finished."  We who are his people have the Holy Spirit to guide us to do the work of God. Our work begins with the in filling of the Holy Spirit and with this we receive his peace. We continue our work and labor and abide in his peace. We are not alone. Jesus suffered alone, but had the Father with him.
 
John 16:32  Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
John 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
 
John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


God remembers our work and the love we have for him, keep going.

No comments: