Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sleep


 When most are asleep at my house I like to get up at sunrise and walk in the park. A September morning is cool and refreshing with the smell of autumn in the air.


My old friend the Blue Heron is already awake
and seeking a morning catch.

Jer 31:26  Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me. 


The pond reflections are still and tranquil. My heart is refreshed seeing God's creation in peace.

Joh 16:32  Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 
Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 


The pond water parts with the swimming of a lone beaver.
I remember childhood movie heroes; the Lone Ranger and his companion Tonto. Then there was Little Beaver the companion of Red Ryder. I have a Red Ryder BB gun from childhood. Memories, but was the world safer? World war 2 was being fought. There are always more battles in the world and the world is getting ready for the last battles before Jesus comes. We can rest in Jesus, for he gives us his rest and peace. He is coming again for his church.

Ecc 5:12  The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much:
 but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.


On the other end of the pond the ducks were still asleep 
in the morning sun. Their heads tucked under their wings they feel invisible and safe,  as a child feels safe with a sheet pulled over his head. In a troubled world our sleep is sweet in the Lord.

Psa 4:8  I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
 
Pro 3:24  When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, 
 and thy sleep shall be sweet.



No comments: