Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rain Coming


A Mickey Mouse shaped cloud earlier in the week
floated by. It looked like rain clouds were coming to make an end to our hot dry summer. Autumn begins tomorrow.

1Ki 18:44  And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not. 
1Ki 18:45  And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel. 



The whirligigs twirl in the wind;
 a storm may be coming.

Pro 25:14  Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain. 



 I ordered a cord of firewood that was delivered
this morning and dumped on my driveway.

Pro 26:20  Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.


I remember my hard working mother. I would deliver her firewood at their ranch and as fast as I could unload it she would stack it.  As soon as I had finished stacking the wood, it began to rain. I thanked the Lord for waiting for me to finish.

Psa 128:1  A Song of degrees. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. 
Psa 128:2  For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. 
Psa 128:3  Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. 
Psa 128:4  Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. 


Raindrops on pools are beautiful; the sounds, the smell and the many little circles of raindrops are evidence of rain.
Rain has come to bring an end to summer.

Deu 11:13  And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul, 
Deu 11:14  That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. 


The little butterfly has drowned in the pool, a tiny flower marks her passing. On the river the tree swallows search for bugs in the water in the rain. Up and down the river hundreds of them dart along the flowing water in search of bugs. Another recurring memory of the rain.

Mat 18:4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 
Mat 18:5  And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 
Mat 18:6  But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 

Are you a child of God, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ? 

No comments: