Thursday, September 26, 2013

Elusive



Deep in the quiet of the woods, only the river can be heard in the distance rushing over the shallow rocks. In the brush I see a deer. In the quiet we can see and hear the secrets of nature.

Pro 1:33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. 


The deer evaded my attention. I saw deer at several locations and most do not come very close.

Psa 66:18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: 
Psa 66:19  But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. 
Psa 66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. 



The sun rim lighted his ears making them stand out from the confusion of the brush. Another was with him and both  vanished in the thickets.

Eze 12:1  The word of the LORD also came unto me, saying, 
Eze 12:2  Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house. 
Eze 12:3  Therefore, thou son of man, prepare thee stuff for removing, and remove by day in their sight; and thou shalt remove from thy place to another place in their sight: it may be they will consider, though they be a rebellious house. 




Further along in the open was a young buck.

Exo 23:24  Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images. 
Exo 23:25  And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. 
Exo 23:26  There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil. 


The deer with horns are rare at the park. 
This is a handsome young fellow.

Gen 22:13  And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 

No comments: