Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life Lessons


I put a pot with a hole in the bottom over a mimosa tree plant that I cut off last year. The plant followed the light through the hole and grew in the light as if the obstacle was not there. We need to be as focused as this plant, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the light of the world and not be deterred by the obstacles around us in this sinful world.

John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 


A struggling fly in a pool of water made this interesting design pattern. With an action there is a result. Our lives put out waves to those around us attracting attention. May we use our time to plant seeds for the kingdom of God.

Isa 55:10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 
Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 


As I walked by the river I heard a boat coming as I caught the speeding boat, I see that it was the sheriff in pursuit. He was putting action to his plan. The law has to be enforced.

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. 


Further along the river trail is a place of solitude with a bench. This serves as my altar at times, a place to commune with God and to make plans. Our plans must be His plans if they are to prosper.

Jer 33:3  Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. 


These wild grapes speak to me of bearing fruit for God. There are ripe grapes and immature grapes as well as older raisin like grapes all together in one bunch connected to the vine. They are like the people of the church, altogether but of differing maturity.

John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.


I saw this little oak branch today and it brought to mind two things. The first is the deep root that these oak trees put down. We are to be rooted and grounded in God's word. Secondly, I recall a young lady named Linda who was saved through our online ministry from a bad life. I had named a giant oak as her oak tree. The giant oak fell in a storm and at my house was a tiny oak plant that the birds had planted. I said to her that she has another oak tree with her name on it. I never heard from her since that day in 2003, but the oak tree in my back yard is now  about 30 feet tall. The Valley Oak has grown tall and is a reminder to pray for this girl and for all who we have had contact with in our ministry. 


1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 
1Ti 2:2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 
1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 


No comments: