Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Avoiding the ladder


Proverb 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

I have learned to no longer use a ladder to climb up on the house. I may get up there but getting down is sometimes fearful. Some things I will leave to the younger men. When are we to use our own understanding? In Spiritual things we are to trust in the LORD, but how about day to day things? There is an "all" in this proverb. Trust the LORD with ALL of our heart. The heart is the seat of our conscience, our inner most being. Can't I just trust my own heart? Not according to Jeremiah.

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.


It is best to trust God with all of our heart and all of our decisions. We reap what we sow, if our trust is in the LORD we reap wisdom and good fruit. When we get stuck on that ladder of our own actions we call on the LORD for help. Isn't it better to trust him in the first place? An older man should know this.

No comments: