Sunday, November 8, 2015

Ye shall be holy


Lev 19:1  And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 19:2  Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

We are to be like the LORD we serve. All the laws and ordinances were to show us what we should do and be, but it was impossible to keep them all. The LORD knows our hearts; Jesus even looked at our hearts to see what was in them.
 
Mat 5:27  Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29  And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30  And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
 
Isa 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

Thank God for Jesus who kept all the laws and took our sins to the cross!


Psa 89:1  ...I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. 


No comments: