Monday, November 9, 2015

I will walk among you


Lev 26:11  And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
Lev 26:12  And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
Lev 26:13  I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.
 
The LORD spoke of his being with his covenant people, to those who keep his commands. He will dwell among them, they will not be hated. He will walk among them, be their God and "ye shall be my people". It sounded like back in the beginning in the garden of Eden; only unfortunately Adam and Eve had disobeyed the LORD's command. It is impossible that we can keep from sinning in some way. Sin causes us to hide from God or to come to him with repentance.
 
Gen 3:8  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
 
The LORD delivered Israel out of Egypt and bondage. One of the best things about America is freedom, but sin and willingness to let government control our lives will put us back into bondage. We are to be free in Christ and to use our freedom to bring others out of bondage. This is the work of the Lord Jesus Christ who walked among us.
 
Luk 4:16  And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:17  And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20  And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21  And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.


Walk with the LORD by walking in his spirit and doing his will.


No comments: