Saturday, November 28, 2015

Here and Now



I rarely see these Red winged blackbirds at the park now. I used to hear their wind chime bird songs along the marshes at days end. Could it be that I do not hear as well?

Job 34:2  Hear my words, O ye wise men; and give ear unto me, ye that have knowledge. 
Job 34:3  For the ear trieth words, as the mouth tasteth meat. 
Job 34:4  Let us choose to us judgment: let us know among ourselves what is good. 



Falling leaves blowing in the wind, this I see now.

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 
Psa 1:2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 
Psa 1:3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 
Psa 1:4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 


The simplest of creation has its own beauty.

1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 
1Pe 1:24  For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 
1Pe 1:25  But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. 


A fisher girl perched upon a rock is intent on catching a fish in the pond. She blends in like she was supposed to be there. How many things happen that were supposed to happen? Something to think about. The woman at the well in John four had a meeting with the Lord, not by chance; she became a fisher of men.

Joh 4:25  The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 
Joh 4:26  Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. 
Joh 4:27  And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her? 
Joh 4:28  The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, 
Joh 4:29  Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? 


The lemons on my lemon tree are the smallest yet, probably because of lack of water. All living things need water. All humans need the Living Water of God. We were created in his image to fellowship with him. This is so amazing. How can it be that my Saviour would die for me?

Eph 3:7  Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 
Eph 3:8  Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 


A Robin has his eyes on a  ripe persimmon. Robins love fruit...and worms. The Robin's red breast is worn like a shield the color of the persimmons. We only have now, so let's make the most of here and now.

2Sa 22:36  Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great. 
2Sa 22:37  Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip. 

No comments: