Friday, January 17, 2014

Unspeakable


The word "unspeakable" is found in three places in the KJV Bible. Some of the unspeakable things we know and some we do not, but Jesus is the one we look to. In Him are the unspeakable blessings of life.


 2Co 9:11  Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

2Co 9:15  Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

The unspeakable gift is not to seek only the bounty of God, but to thank him for salvation by the blood of Jesus. This is our unspeakable gift. How unspeakable is his grace to me who was a lost sinner. 

2Co 12:2  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Co 12:3  And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;
2Co 12:4  How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I assume that it was Paul who was caught up to heaven by a taste of death from stoning or by a vision. Many have experienced out of body experiences and described the beauty of light and perhaps heaven or even hell. Paul does not speak of this, but of the things that were said. It was then unlawful to speak of these words. I am reminded of John's vision in Revelation and the book of seven seals.

Rev 5:1  And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2  And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3  And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Jesus, the Living word will reveal the words in the book, but by his Spirit he reveals the words in the Bible to us. Bible means "book."

Jer 33:3  Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. 
 
1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Pe 1:6  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Jesus is our unspeakable gift. He has gifted us with the gifts of the Spirit and supplies all of our needs. I am thankful for his abundant provision and I praise my Lord, Savior and God. Thank you Lord for your unspeakable gift making me a child of God.

No comments: