Thursday, January 2, 2014

Randy alone


I took a nice walk in the park at sunset time and I saw Randy, the Canadian goose with a broken wing. He was alone at the foot of the pond. The pond was a lovely shade of pink. Other fowl were swimming in the far side of the pond, but I saw no other geese. God has kept him going. I felt like I was Randy as I looked over the quiet pond soaking up the sunset sky; alone with God, thankful, scarred from life in the flesh, but so blessed and fortunate to discover the LORD and the beauty of his creation. Yes, I made pictures, but the computer could not load them up, saying the card needed formatting. Well if I format the card full of memories, all are lost. In the same way we are to format our own minds and hearts to be usable to God, losing the old thinking. God speaks through circumstances, so look for the message in your setbacks. If I have a problem, a concern or a need to hear from God about something, I usually sleep on it, in the morning I see things in the spirit better than in the night when the mind and body are tired.

How to format your thinking

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Rom 12:3  For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 

Faith requires faithfulness, faith in action.

Mat 24:45  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 
Mat 24:46  Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 
Mat 24:47  Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God and faithfulness is doing what God requires us to do. As we are faithful he gives to us more responsibility and more blessings, both here and hereafter. It starts with submission. Are we willing to submit all to God in this new year and forever? We are not all the same and that is why we need each other. Each are gifted by God to bless the body of Christ. We together are his body, placed together in love, to be like Jesus. Our fellowship with God will result in a spiritual relationship; we shall be the bride of Christ. We are complete in Him.

No comments: