Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wings of a Dove


Looking through the blinds of the kitchen window a dove rests on the bird feeder. He was turned from me so the picture of his back side is of his wings at rest. When sadness comes or fear, remember the wings of the dove. Here the dove is at rest; be at rest and feel his peace.

Exo 33:21  And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: 
Exo 33:22  And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: 

Exo 33:23  And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. 

Psa 55:5  Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. 
Psa 55:6  And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. 

Psa 68:13  Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold. 

John 1:32  And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 
John 1:33  And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 
John 1:34  And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 

If Jesus is your Lord and master he has provided you with the Holy Spirit and power. The dove is a symbol of his Spirit. He is gentle to those who trust in him. The power of God has overcome this world and the devil. We cannot do this alone. Jesus has given us his peace.

 John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 


No comments: