Saturday, January 18, 2014

Funny Fawn



I came upon a young fawn last evening. She had two older sisters on the other side of us up on a higher hill. There were several families walking the trails with children calling to each other, swinging on old branches and exploring the outdoors. This youngster was exploring as well.


I walked slowly towards her, trying to focus the camera lens and to hold the camera steady in the dim light. Friend or foe? the fawn seemed to be thinking?

Eph 5:15  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 
Eph 5:16  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 
Eph 5:17  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 


The fawn moved and grazed a little but when she saw me getting closer; on no! there was a look of astonishment or dread on her face before she ran into the thickets. I needed a closer look at this picture.

Psa 43:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Countenance : pä·nēm, a face; an angels face, or an animals face.


The silly looking smile was an apple core that the deer found near the trail! An apple core smile, now that was something new and unexpected! I had misinterpreted her face. That happens to me all the time. May your smiles be real and your life a joy to the Lord and those who come your way. We are often making judgments on what we see, but appearances can be wrong. 

Jas 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 
Jas 1:20  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. 

No comments: