Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pleasure in our weakness


When I was playing the trombone I noticed that I am only hearing well from one ear, and yet God gives me grace to play in my older years and I truly enjoy it. My eyes are dim now, but using glasses I can see God's creation and marvel at all he has done. By faith I can marvel at his promises and all he will do, not by my power but by his grace through faith.

2 Cor 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

When we are weak and trust in God, then we are truly strong, under the anointing of the spirit, by the grace of God. We prepare by filling our hearts with God's word and promises. 

Heb 13:5... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

infirmities...weaknesses, distresses, As a dear friend says: short is the suffering, eternal the joy.

reproaches, insults,

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

necessities, needs, and we know that God meets all our needs.

persecutions,

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

distresses, calamities and difficulties

1 Pet 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

When we are at our weakest, we acknowledge we are only strong in the Lord. We give up our flesh strength and give in to God. Only in Him can we truly be strong. Flesh can not even be accounted for when one walks in the Spirit. When we are sick we cry out to the Lord, when we are distressed we cry out to the Lord, when life becomes difficult, we cry out to the Lord, when calamity hits home, we cry out to the Lord. It is in the suffering for Christ we are able to submit and draw on His strength to sustain us in our weak moments. (Camille)

We are not alone, Jesus is with us in the Spirit that dwells within. Living by faith is trusting in God's strength in us to enable us to be triumphant Christians. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: