Saturday, June 8, 2013

One In Christ Jesus


The devil wants us to be divided over doctrines. We should not argue in public, but be one in Spirit. We are to be one in Christ, through the Holy Spirit and with love from God. The things that we do not understand fully now, we will understand when we are with Jesus.
 
John 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:24  Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
John 17:25  O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
John 17:26  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
 
We who are in Christ are one body of believers, the Church and the Bride of Jesus Christ. This is not a fleshly body, nor a fleshly bride, but a spiritual people. God is One in Spirit. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God. The Church is in Christ and He is the head of the Church. This is too wonderful for me to understand the full meaning but the key to understanding is through the love of God.
 
1Co 13:9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
 
We are given the Holy Spirit of God, the mind of Christ, but we are still limited being yet in the flesh.
 
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
 
Rom 15:5  Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6  That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:7  Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

 When we minister in the nursing homes we ask them how many want to go to heaven to be with Jesus? Several will raise their hands. How many reading this are ready to meet Jesus? How many are ready to meet him right now? We want to hang onto this life as long as we can, because stepping through the door to eternity is by faith. Father God and my Savior Jesus, whether we are here on earth or out of this body in your presence, we abide in your love by faith as you hold us in your hand.

No comments: