Thursday, June 20, 2013

Give Praise to God


I was reading this Psalm and it stirred me to open a room of praise last night on AOL. The room filled with friends who praised God together. This is what we should be doing always, to praise our God. Give praise from a loving heart.
 
Psa 50:14  Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psa 50:15  And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Psa 50:16  But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
Psa 50:17  Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
Psa 50:18  When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.
Psa 50:19  Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
Psa 50:20  Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
Psa 50:21  These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
Psa 50:22  Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
Psa 50:23  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God.
 
We are not to just give lip service to God. We are to praise him with all of our being. We are to praise him also with our life's actions. Our conversation or way of life is to bring praise to God. We are to keep our promises for we cannot be doing evil and then praise God as if it were some outward ritual. Our God is good and just and he searches our hearts. LORD give me a heart of praise. May you be glorified through my entire life. LORD, you are to be seen, and not me. All is from you from your Holy Spirit within me. May we all give our all to God and bring him glory. I surrender all to Jesus as the hymn that we sing.
 
All to Jesus, I surrender, All to him I freely give, I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live. I surrender all, I surrender all, All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all.
 


No comments: