Saturday, June 29, 2013

Job's miserable comforters

Job's comforters were not a comfort. We can learn from them to not bring judgement on someone who has been suffering.
 

Job 16:1  Then Job answered and said,
Job 16:2  I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
 

When my brother called saying that his wife had died unexpectedly, I thought to myself just how can I comfort him in this his greatest loss? A verse came to mind. "Jesus wept" (John 11:35) I wept and tried to show that I loved him. Isn't that why Jesus wept? He cared about those who were mourning the loss of Lazarus, even though he was about to raise him from the grave, he still wept with those who were mourning. We are never to heap accusations or to try to come up with a reason for the tragedy. The greatest comfort is knowing that the loved one died as a believer in Jesus Christ. The comforter abides with those who are born again of God. They will not be left in a grave but they will go to be with Jesus forever. The loved one left behind if in Christ has the comforter to comfort them. Praise God for the Holy Spirit, our comforter and the one to speak to those in need. Let the comforter in you comfort those who suffer.

No comments: