Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heaven


John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:4  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
John 14:5  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


Let not your heart be troubled, do not be afraid . Jesus continues this thought in verse 27.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Jesus tells us that he is the way to the Father, we are to believe in the Son of God. When he was to leave them, he would return by the Holy Spirit to dwell in us.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We who are born again by faith in Jesus have the comforter to comfort us with all the Bible to believe in and He will teach us and  train us to be the adopted sons and daughters of God. God dwells in us and we dwell in him. We are become the temples of the Holy Spirit, a holy people separated unto God. When we leave this fleshly body, we will be with Jesus. We are with Jesus already in our spirit, in heavenly places.

Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.


Will we be in mansions in heaven? I don't know, the word for mansions means "dwelling places." Jesus has gone to prepare a dwelling place for us. A mansion on earth is a place of protection and privacy. I think of all the homes that were destroyed by the tornado in Oklahoma. Mansions were wiped out. In heaven we will have no tornados. There is no sin where Jesus dwells, no need for privacy, for we will have all things in common, worshipping our LORD together. God does not need a temple or a mansion to dwell in, but the Bible speaks of thrones. We sing the hymn "I've got a mansion, just over the hilltop"' I do not know what Jesus is preparing for me, but it will be just wonderful.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:22  And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24  And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25  And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26  And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27  And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.


Who are these kings and nations? We are called kings and priests and Jesus saved people from all nations, not just the Jews but also the Gentiles. Heaven is a place of light there will be no solid structures for everything is transparent and colorful. There is nothing to hide in the presence of God and we shall be as Jesus bringing glory to God. I cannot describe it now, but we will see our lord in his glory and be loved and received by him. Until then we are to love God and others with his love. Heaven is a place of God's perfect love.


No comments: