Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In Christ


John 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
 
We cannot abide in a man but we can abide in God by our spirit. God is Spirit and Jesus is the Son of God from God the Father. He commands that we abide in him. The Bible speaks of being in Christ 76 times. These words describe what is "in Christ,"'   faith, redemption, no condemnation, life, love of God, truth,  one body,  apostles, helper,  approved,  sanctified, wise, fallen asleep, hope,  triumph, speak , mind, rejoice, saint, brethren, the dead, grace, bold,  good conversation, vail done away in Christ, and much more. We can do all things IN CHRIST.

No comments: