Friday, January 25, 2013

When Darkness Comes



Exo 10:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
Exo 10:22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
Exo 10:23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.
Exo 10:24 And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.
Exo 10:25 And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the LORD our God.
Exo 10:26 Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the LORD our God; and we know not with what we must serve the LORD, until we come thither.
Exo 10:27 But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

Pharaoh was stubborn and a devil. He would steer a course that would destroy his land. Sounds familiar? It is the same stubborn spirit that follows the way of darkness.

God made the light and he can take it away.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Imagine total darkness, such as in a cave deep in the earth, or a bottomless pit where no light may enter. This to me is a description of hell, no light, no love, no mercy.

Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The children of the kingdom, refers to the Jews who did not believe in the promised Messiah. The Jews were the children of God's promises. He had sent Moses to deliver them out of bondage and he would deliver them bodily from Pharaoh's Egypt and slavery. However they would remain slaves until their minds and hearts were unshackled.

When darkness came to Pharaoh's Egypt, the Jews still had light. When darkness comes to America, we will still have the light of God, his Son, and His Word. We must warn as many as we can of the coming darkness and deliver them into the kingdom of light. Jesus said:

Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Will you let your light shine? Then bring others to Jesus.

No comments: