Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here Comes Aaron



Exo 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 
Exo 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
Exo 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
Exo 4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.
Exo 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.
Exo 4:15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.
Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.
Exo 4:17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.
Exo 4:18 And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive. And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace.

The LORD had called Moses to lead Israel out of Egypt to the promised land, but Moses continued to say that he was not qualified and that he was a poor speaker. The LORD was his strength, but to make Moses happy he gave the speaking to Aaron, who just happened to be coming in view. There was no mention of Aaron ever coming to see Moses in the forty years that he lived in the land of the Midians, but the LORD has perfect timing, Aaron showed up. This was also a confirmation, an open door.

The LORD made it clear to Moses, that Moses would hear from God, not Aaron. Any thing that Aaron was to share would be told to him by Moses. I believe that Moses had the Holy Spirit, but not Aaron. Moses was as God to Aaron. In other words, anything he would hear was from God, through Moses, a second hand message. Moses was the mediator between God and his people, just as Jesus heard from God and told his people. Jesus was a mediator and our savior. There is greater authority in hearing directly from God. Jesus spoke with authority, setting him apart from the Scribes.

Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
Mat 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

I final confirmation was given to Moses by Jethro, his Father in law who said; go in peace.
Aaron would do foolish things when he acted apart from Moses. He made the golden calf to worship, and made a silly excuse when confronted by Moses.

Exo 32:24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

Later he would join Miriam, Moses' sister in rebellion against Moses. Miriam received leprosy, but was healed of it. Aaron heard from God for the first time directly.

Num 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
Num 12:4 And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
Num 12:5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
Num 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. Num 12:7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
Num 12:8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Num 12:9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.

One thing I see from this story is if you are called of God and know it is him calling you for a purpose, do not look for someone else to take your place. That person may not be anointed and can cause you problems if he partners with you. What did you see in this story?

No comments: