Friday, November 9, 2018

Tears of Forgiveness


Luk 7:36  And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. 
Luk 7:37  And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, 
Luk 7:38  And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. 

Luk 7:44  And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 
Luk 7:45  Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 
Luk 7:46  My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 
Luk 7:47  Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 
Luk 7:48  And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. 

A woman who comes to our prayer breakfast often cries. When a hymn touches her heart, she cries. When we share about Jesus she cries. She cries because her sins are forgiven. When there is good news, she cries. I spoke to her that her tears were like this lady who washed the feet of Jesus with tears; she liked that. I am thinking that Jesus loved women who openly loved and cared for him. He chose women first to deliver the good news that he was the Messiah and again, when he was risen from the grave, it was a woman who he asked to share the good news with his disciples. No, he had no girlfriend or wife, but I think that God made women with outward showing of emotions because men so often can not show them. Men and women are made to complement one another, and they achieve their best as disciples of Jesus.



No comments: