Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Be Ready For Anything


Col 4:2  Never stop praying. Be ready for anything by praying and being thankful. 

Keep praying, keep in contact with the LORD. Be ready for anything and be thankful for everything.  We are alive for His purpose and what comes our way is an opportunity, a divine appointment. I  had a phone call from an old friend who is my age. He was lamenting that so many of his friends have passed away and one dear friend of his has heart trouble. He was just needing to know that I was still alive and well.  He did most of the talking and it was good to be in contact.  It is good advice to stay in contact with special friends and to tell them that they are special to us.

Col 4:3  Also pray for us. Pray that God will give us an opportunity to tell people his message. I am in prison for doing this. But pray that we can continue to tell people the secret truth that God has made known about Christ. 
Col 4:4  Pray that I will say what is necessary to make this truth clear to everyone. 

We can learn from the example of the apostle Paul. Even under house arrest he wrote letters, epistles that are inspired and part of our Bible. He witnessed to the Roman guards and they shared the message of Jesus even in Nero's palace, with people receiving new life. His word was for everyone. All this was through prayer and  the grace of God. For those confined because of an infirmity, keep praying, for prayer is needed.

Col 4:5  Be wise in the way you act with those who are not believers. Use your time in the best way you can. 
Col 4:6  When you talk, you should always be kind and wise. Then you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should. 

Be kind and wise to everyone. Being kind also means that we are not easily offended. Seek the good of others from the wisdom of God. There are times when I am not sure of the future, but we know that Jesus is in the future and guiding us each day. It is wise to keep in prayer, keep in contact with the LORD and be kind to all people. Do not close doors that God has left open for you. Expect an opportunity, be blessed and a blessing.

Yesterday I was wondering how long I could keep playing my trombone. Last night I drove twenty miles to a band rehearsal for a coming Christmas program. I was the only trombone player that showed up. I had a grand time blending my part to the whole of the orchestra. I even received compliments. The Lord has given me grace and the door remains open for this. Thank you Lord. We each have a part to play in the orchestra of the family of God. Keep doing what he has you to do.

I used the easy read Bible, (ERV) version for todays journal entry. 





No comments: