Friday, November 2, 2018

Lost and Found again


About a month ago I saw that my Fire tablet was missing. I had assumed that it was stolen from my car when I was at a restaurant. Recently I found the tablet in a bird feeder in a tree in my front yard. I remember that a limb had broken off of the pecan tree and I had dragged it closer to the garage where I could cut it with my electric chain saw. Apparently I had set the tablet in the tree at that time. I opened it up and it worked, only 50% discharged. Praise the Lord.

Yesterday I was shopping at a supermarket and when I arrived at the car to put away the groceries, I could not find my keys. Returning to the market, I walked through the path that I had previously taken, but I found no keys. I went to customer service where lost and found items were stored and the woman at the counter checked in her drawer and there were my keys, praise the Lord. I found that there was a hole in my pocket. From this I learned how to sew my pocket hole closed.  Two blessings and even more so when I see that by not having my tablet that I got back into reading my old Bible and was getting more from my reading. I learned to sew a little, but not enough to make it a habit.

I like that Jesus knows our future and that he does not discard us when we fail him. Like Peter when he denied the Lord three times, even before he failed the Lord showed him that afterwards he had a purpose for Peter to fulfill. He was not going to discard Peter, even though Peter was greatly troubled.

Luk 22:31  “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, 
Luk 22:32  but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.” 
Luk 22:33  Peter said to him, “Lord, I am ready to go with you both to prison and to death.” 
Luk 22:34  Jesus said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow this day, until you deny three times that you know me.” 

Verse 32 is where Jesus looked beyond Peter's failing and had given him a purpose to fulfill. "When you have turned again", the KJV says when you are converted, strengthen your brothers. He was to encourage his brothers. When we fail and return again, we are to encourage others to not fail, to not give up.  Peter became a bold witness after receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

Act 2:38  And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
Act 2:39  For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” 
Act 2:40  And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 
Act 2:41  So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. 

Peter thought that he had been lost to Jesus, but Jesus saw ahead that Peter would be an encourager and a great witness for the Lord. We never lose out in Jesus, in all things we are blessed for there is more for us ahead.



No comments: