Saturday, November 10, 2018

Free From Fear


I was asked by an acquaintance who does counseling and was preparing to share at our prayer breakfast,  "do you have fear?" I replied no, because Jesus has given us his peace. We have peace and the assurance of everlasting life.

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 
John 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 
John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 

The Greek translation for mansions can be rendered "a place to stay."  The importance is not how fancy our dwelling place is but who our neighbors are. We will be with Jesus! Also, we will see our loved ones again.

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 

God dwells with us, we are to love him and love one another.  When we leave this body, he will remain with us and we shall see Jesus face to face. We see Jesus now through His Holy Spirit, the Comforter that he sent to us who believe in him. 

John 14:25  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 
John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

John 14:28  Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 

That peace of God keeps us going. Sure, I have doubts about my human frailties and the condition of the world around me, but if we abide in Jesus he loves us and his peace keeps us free from fear. 

1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 






No comments: