Monday, October 7, 2013

Twilight Reflections

On the road to the park on a church sign I read:

 "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof;
the world, and they that dwell therein.  (Psalm 24:1)."

 All belongs to the Lord and we are to give him the glory.


Sitting on a park bench a man plays his guitar.

Psa 47:6  Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises. 


A tree stretches itself up to sing glory to the Lord.

Isa 55:12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 


The trees reflections in the pond bring glory to the LORD.

Psa 96:12  Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 


The twilight reflections in the pool form an arrow. We are to keep going until the Lord comes for us. He has work for us to do. This is no time to give up. We are arrows in the LORD's bow, to be aimed at targets of his purpose for us.

Isa 66:18  For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 
Isa 66:19  And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 


A young doe watches me from a distance. With my long lens I can bring the far things near. The LORD is not far from us, so let us draw near to him.

Jas 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 
Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
Jas 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 
Jas 4:9  Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 
Jas 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. 


As the light dims a beautiful sky reflects into the pool.

  The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof;
the world, and they that dwell therein.
 (Psalm 24:1)

No comments: