Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Our place of refuge

  


Josh 20:1  The LORD also spake unto Joshua, saying,
Josh 20:2  Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses:
Josh 20:3  That the slayer that killeth any person unawares and unwittingly may flee thither: and they shall be your refuge from the avenger of blood.
Josh 20:4  And when he that doth flee unto one of those cities shall stand at the entering of the gate of the city, and shall declare his cause in the ears of the elders of that city, they shall take him into the city unto them, and give him a place, that he may dwell among them.
Josh 20:5  And if the avenger of blood pursue after him, then they shall not deliver the slayer up into his hand; because he smote his neighbour unwittingly, and hated him not beforetime.
Josh 20:6  And he shall dwell in that city, until he stand before the congregation for judgment, and until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days: then shall the slayer return, and come unto his own city, and unto his own house, unto the city from whence he fled.


I think of the women's refuge places when I read this. Often a woman will put up with physical and emotional abuse and have no place to turn. A Christian refuge place is a good place for them to go to be safe and to seek godly counsel. The devil has his places to go to that are just places for abortion and others flee to the arms of strangers and end up as sex slaves. It is a nasty world of lusts out there and we must be wise. God's world and his ways are beautiful and we are to go to Him for help. He loves us.

God is our refuge and hiding place and Jesus is our place of rest and peace.

2 Sam 22:1  And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
2 Sam 22:2  And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2 Sam 22:3  The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2 Sam 22:4  I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
2 Sam 22:5  When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
2 Sam 22:6  The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
2 Sam 22:7  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

For those who are in bondage, God through Jesus has promised you a way out, to be free.

1 Cor 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Prov 14:25  A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.
Prov 14:26  In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Prov 14:27  The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

God is our hiding place and Jesus is our salvation and peace. Come to Jesus and enter into his rest for your soul and a place for the healing of your body.

No comments: