Saturday, October 31, 2020

Jehovah and Angels

 

Psa 34:3  Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! 

Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. 

Psa 34:5  Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. 

Psa 34:6  This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. 

Psa 34:7  The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. 

Psa 34:8  Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!


Magnify the LORD Jehovah who  saves from all troubles. The Jews have a covenant relationship with Jehovah. Gentiles, non Jews, must come to Jehovah through Jesus. This is the New Covenant in his blood. Blood was the requirement for sins. Jesus had no sins and he took our sins so that we may be forgiven.


What is this about angels? Do I believe in angels? Yes, they are spirits that sometimes are seen  appearing as  men, not women as are so often portrayed in art. There is a devil as well, not red with a pitchfork as seen in art, but of a beautiful appearance.


2Co 11:14  ... for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 

2Co 11:15  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. 


Jesus is our righteousness, self righteousness is unacceptable to Jehovah.  By coming to Jesus, Jehovah God sees us as in his righteous son. What do angels do for us? They are messengers and servants. We do not pray to them nor do we worship them, because they are created beings as we are. Satan wants to be worshiped, but he is always opposite of what God wants. Jesus is not an angel, he is as his Father in heaven.  Angels minister to those who are  saved in Jesus. 


Heb 1:13  And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? 

Heb 1:14  Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation? 


I have had help from an angel several times. Two times I was in a near collision when I cried out to God and my car was stopped short of damage. Have you had close encounters? An angel may have helped you.



 




No comments: