Monday, October 5, 2020

What is Essential?

 


Psa 27:1  Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 


The Government, under King Saul was out to get David and to destroy him. After Saul was tormented by an evil spirit he sought to kill David who was God's choice to be king after him.  Saul and his army chased David for twenty years before King Saul was finally killed in a battle. What was it that David trusted in? It was the LORD Jehovah. He is my light and my stronghold; of whom shall I be afraid? 


Psa 27:4  One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. 

Psa 27:5  For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. 


What one thing did David desire most in his life on earth?  It wasn't the power and wealth of being king. David had a heart after God. " One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. " This is the heart of those who love the LORD.  When the king and the government close down the places of worship, most places of worship shut down.  When they heard from the LORD to open again, many opened their doors. Some met in homes and other places, but the reading of God's word, the preaching and teaching continued. The Church is the living Body of Christ made up of it's individual members, as living stones making up the temple. We are the temple of God.  He will lift me high upon a rock.  Jesus is the Rock of my salvation.


Heb 10:23  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 

Heb 10:24  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 

Heb 10:25  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 


Hopefully you have found others to meet together with who Love the LORD and worship him.  Some churches have become worldly and some have not reopened. Perhaps, that is a good thing. The true believers seek him in spirit and in truth. We belong together.



No comments: