Sunday, October 25, 2020

Choose Now

Php 1:20  as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. 

Php 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 

Php 1:22  If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. 

Php 1:23  I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. 

Php 1:24  But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. 


2Co 5:4  For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 

2Co 5:5  He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. 

2Co 5:6  So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 

2Co 5:7  for we walk by faith, not by sight. 

2Co 5:8  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 

2Co 5:9  So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 


These two passages show us that when we come to Christ Jesus, that when we die, our soul and spirit go directly to Jesus. Our souls do not sleep in a grave or get lost in cremation, our life continues with Jesus Christ. If not in Christ the soul waits for judgement. It is too late after death to come to Jesus. Make your salvation sure now and know that to die is to be with Jesus forever. The choice is ours. Chose eternal peace with God. There is no peace apart from him. Come to Jesus and find rest for your soul.


Mat 11:28  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 


No comments: