Sunday, November 1, 2020

High Places

 


Hab 3:17  Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, 

Hab 3:18  yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 

Hab 3:19  GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places. 


This is for people of faith in God.  Living by faith, it does not matter what the circumstances around us are, we trust in God.   What may follow a plague? In the Bible it often is famine, a shortage of food. What if the nation is changed by having radical left people in control? We trust in God. What if we are persecuted? We trust in God and we have his strength. He makes my feet like a deer's , able to walk in high places. I think of the wild goats who climb steep cliffs with ease. No, I do not plan to try mountain climbing. The high places I see refers to places where God is.


Amos 4:13  For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name. 


In the spirit, we are with Jesus in heavenly places.


Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 

Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 

Eph 2:7  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 

Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast. 





No comments: