Friday, November 27, 2020

Like a Deaf Man

Psalm 38:13  But I am like a deaf man; I do not hear, like a mute man who does not open his mouth. 

Psa 38:14  I have become like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes. 

Psa 38:15  But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer. 


Why do I pick out these verses to share after speaking of thanksgiving and praise? Truth is, I have felt like this. My ears do not always hear what is said and I have nothing to say and yet I have shared my concerns with the Lord. Like Abraham and Sarah, like Zechariah and Elizabeth, he often moves in the latter years to bring forth his miracles, his blessings. He remembers our prayers and he knows our hearts. Perhaps he wants for us to take our hands off, to give him the control of events.  We learn to be content, no matter what the circumstances. We do still give him our thanks and our praise, for he is worthy and he loves us.


As The Deer


No comments: