Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Government That Rules Us

 


Philippians 3:18  There are many who live like enemies of the cross of Christ. I have often told you about them. And it makes me cry to tell you about them now. 

Php 3:19  The way they live is leading them to destruction. They have replaced God with their own desires. They do shameful things, and they are proud of what they do. They think only about earthly things. 

Php 3:20  But the government that rules us is in heaven. We are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from there. 

Php 3:21  He will change our humble bodies and make them like his own glorious body. Christ can do this by his power, with which he is able to rule everything. (ERV- Easy Read Version)


At this time we do not know who will be the president of the United States for the next four years. I suppose we will get what we deserve.  I tire of politics, there is so much trickery and deceit with fake news and manipulation.  The founders of our nation said that our system of government will only work if our people are God fearing.  Too many do not fear God to their destruction. For those who trust in Jesus Christ there is a government that rules us in heaven. Jehovah God has given us his laws and his grace in Jesus. We are waiting for our Savior to come for us and to change our mortal bodies to be like his glorious body.


John 14:1  “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 

Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 


No comments: