Saturday, June 4, 2016

Family Matters


Mar 3:20  And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread.
Mar 3:21  And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.
Mar 3:31  There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
Mar 3:32  And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

Yes, Jesus had half brothers and sisters. His family thought they knew him, but they did not believe in this Jesus who drew large crowds,  who healed the sick and cast out demons. He even missed meals. When Jesus and his disciples had entered a house, his family called for him outside. They were trying to fit Jesus into there perception of him. I remember when I was saved and began to grow in the Lord, my friends only knew me as I was, not who I was in Christ. I believe that a born again person is not going to hell, they are forgiven of sins and seen as righteous in the LORD's eyes. However, the world sees the familiar flesh person, so we are to work outwardly our new life so that others may see Jesus in us.
 
Php 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Php 2:14  Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Php 2:16  Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Jesus' family tried to control him using their natural minds. Peter was chastised more than once for speaking out his thoughts, without the revelation of God. He was praised for his speaking by the revelation of God that Jesus was the Christ, the son of the living God. (Mat 16:16-19) Then he speaks from his natural mind concerning keeping Jesus from the cross and Jesus chastised him.
 
Mat 16:23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
 
Jesus did not respond directly to his natural family, but he spoke to those near him.
 
Mar 3:33  And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
Mar 3:34  And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
Mar 3:35  For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
 

So if your family thinks that you are peculiar, that is okay because our true family is the family of God. After Jesus had died and had risen from the grave, then his brothers believed in him. It may take time, but we should through the grace of God bring our families to Jesus, so that they will be saved and see clearly the spiritual things, with the mind of Christ.



No comments: