Saturday, July 27, 2013

Alpha and Omega


When I get upset with what I see in the news, I go to the Book. If I turn to the back of the book it explains the news from a to z. The Greek alphabet calls it alpha to omega, from the first to the last. Jesus spoke: I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, signifying that he is God from the beginning and to the end of the ages. He further explains this in Revelation 1:8 " I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." He is past, present and future, he sees all and knows all, he is omnipotent and omniscient. 

Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Our choice is always now, the present. If we chose Jesus as the way of salvation and eternal life in the past, we also must choose him now and in the future, this is to be an overcomer. He will give us the water of life, His Holy Word and His Holy Spirit. We become the sons of God, inheritors of all that Jesus has.
What of the evil around us that so perplexes us? Fear not, trust in God, for they will be condemned forever in the lake of fire. Knowing this gives us the upper hand as intercessors for them in prayer. Do not fear, but pray and be an overcomer. Souls need to be saved before it is too late.

No comments: