Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Simple Gospel of Salvation

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:


In a nutshell salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ, who paid for our sins through his death and who has been raised from the dead to prove that in him is power over death and eternal life.
He died for us according to scriptures, but the scriptures were usually ignored or misinterpreted by the traditions of men.

Read Isaiah 53 and it describes how he was rejected by his own people.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Read the 22nd Psalm of David and it tells of Jesus on the cross.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

This prophecy was fulfilled

Mat 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Jesus gave us the salvation verse, early in his ministry.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Believe in Jesus, he has done it all, only believe.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Listen to me now, we do not go to those who do not believe to find the way to eternal life, we go to people who believe the gospel truth. The Bible is the proof, it is the true word of God seen by many witnesses. Come to Jesus believing that he is the savior, the only begotten son of God who forgives your sins. He paid for your sins with his life on the cross. I believe that you are my savior Jesus. Forgive me of all my sins. I want to follow you and to be a child of God, seeking to do your will. Help me Lord and fill me with your Spirit of truth. Amen

No comments: