Thursday, February 3, 2022

Steadfast Love


David was the chosen one of God to be king over Israel. The LORD God spoke of him as being after his own heart with the evidence of His Holy Spirit with him. David, being also a sinner stole a mans wife and had her husband, a soldier,  secretly killed in battle.  When Nathan the prophet accused David he had great remorse and above all did not want to lose his connection to God through the Holy Spirit. Nothing is so miserable then being separated from God. Psalm 51 records his repentance.


Psa 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 

Psa 51:8  Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. 

Psa 51:9  Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. 

Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. 

Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. 

Psa 51:12  Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. 

Psa 51:13  Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. 


Psa 36:5  Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. 

Psa 36:6  Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD. 

Psa 36:7  How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 

Psa 36:8  They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. 

Psa 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. 

Psa 36:10  Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart! 


The steadfast love of God comes through our trust in Jesus who gives us the Holy Spirit, our assurance that God loves us forever. Trust in God through his son who came to restore our connection to Almighty God. Thank you Jesus for your salvation. I repent of my sins and trust in you.


Search Me, O God



No comments: