Wednesday, February 9, 2022

It Is Wednesday

It is Wednesday and I am over the Covid Omicron virus. I had the vaccinations, but not yet the booster shot. I am so thankful that I am over it and back to my Wednesday schedule. This is the day that I exercise what I see as my calling for now. At noon, six of us meet in the library of our local Senior Center for Bible study and fellowship. Both are so needed in this time of fear and unbelief. We are starting to study the book of Jude.


Jud 1:3  Dear friends, I wanted very much to write to you about the salvation we all share together. But I felt the need to write to you about something else: I want to encourage you to fight hard for the faith that God gave his holy people. God gave this faith once, and it is good for all time. 


Jude began his epistle with the purpose of sharing the faith, but then his purpose was to warn the church of false teachers and to fight hard against those who were out to destroy the truth of God. Those were workers for the devil who came among us, but were not of us.


 In the evening on Wednesday our brass ensemble gathers at a church to rehearse Christian music.  I have been blessed to do some arranging of the old hymns for the group of horn players and still am playing the trombone. Hearing the word of God builds faith and worship keeps our heart and mind in praise and worship. These things are eternally important. Do not fear the things coming on the world. It is all the plan of God for the end times. Be thankful that you have a place in his plan.



No comments: