Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Rejection

The Christian follower of Jesus has been given a responsibility to share the good news with others. When Jesus sent the seventy disciples out, two by two, they were given his authority.  Some were ready to receive their message while others did not want to hear and they rejected their witness.  Those sent by Jesus know that he is Lord, the son of God.


Luke 10:16  "When anyone listens to you my followers, they are really listening to me. But when anyone refuses to accept you, they are really refusing to accept me. And when anyone refuses to accept me, they are refusing to accept the one who sent me." 


If anyone refuses to accept Jesus as who he is, then they also reject Almighty God who sent Him. God sent his son to be the way to be saved from his wrath.  We cannot come to God without the forgiveness of sins provided through Jesus. Faith in God alone will not get you to heaven. We must believe through faith in His son.


John 15:20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 

John 15:21  But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 


The way of truth and life will be opposed by those who serve the devil.  They will not be with God, it is a choice to reject him. I choose Jesus and eternal life with the people of God.


No comments: