Friday, February 18, 2022

Come To Me

In a nation with the most opportunities and with an abundance of food and possessions, still for many it is not enough.  They are empty and life to them seems meaningless. Their trust in others has failed them and they can't forgive, Inside they are miserable and filled with problems. Listen to the words of Jesus.


Luk 6:47  The people who come to me, who listen to my teachings and obey them—I will show you what they are like: 

Luk 6:48  They are like a man building a house. He digs deep and builds his house on rock. The floods come, and the water crashes against the house. But the flood cannot move the house, because it was built well. 

Luk 6:49  "But the people who hear my words and do not obey are like a man who builds a house without preparing a foundation. When the floods come, the house falls down easily and is completely destroyed."


There is a newer home built by the river in my city. The year that we had an abundance of rain caused the river to rise and the sides of the home were under the swift river water. It stood, having been built on a firm foundation with sturdy materials.  


Come to Jesus, the rock. Build your life on the foundation of God's true word.


Mat 11:28  "Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. 

Mat 11:29  Place my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest for your souls, 

Mat 11:30  because my yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light."

No comments: