Tuesday, February 22, 2022

EXCUSES

If God is calling you to follow his son, we are not to make excuses for not doing so.  We can get set in our ways. Often we know what we should do, but will not do what we know to do.  Jesus spoke to several people, all had reasonable excuses, but they did not follow, so they were not chosen of him.


Luk 9:57  As they were going along the road, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 

Luk 9:58  And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” 

Luk 9:59  To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” 

Luk 9:60  And Jesus said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 

Luk 9:61  Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 

Luk 9:62  Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” 


Once we have come in faith to Jesus, he will give you the Holy Spirit enabling you to fulfill your journey with him.  The gospel (good news) that they spoke was of a coming kingdom where Jesus will reign on earth for a thousand years, with satan cast into the bottomless pit, the abyss. The gospel that we preach is that Jesus gave his life to atone for our sins and He is risen to everlasting life.  By receiving and following Jesus we will be in the Millennial kingdom and then in the heaven called New Jerusalem.  


Rev 3:10  Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 

Rev 3:11  I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. 

Rev 3:12  The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. 


Simple faithfulness is required; keep going.





No comments: