Thursday, June 24, 2021

Time to Hear and See



Isa 6:8  And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” 

Isa 6:9  And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ 

Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” 

Isa 6:11  Then I said, “How long, O Lord?” And he said: “Until cities lie waste without inhabitant, and houses without people, and the land is a desolate waste, 


The Lord asked,  “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” 


Isaiah the prophet wanted to speak the message of the Lord to the people of Judah.  He was told that the people would not care to see or hear his message.  How long do I warn them? Until they are taken captive by Babylon.  These were his people who could not see or hear  God's message to them, God will give them their way.  The same things occured when Jesus came to save his people from their sins. Most rejected his message. 


John 1:11  He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 

John 1:12  But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 


Our nation needs to respond to the message of God, that Jesus is the way to God. He gave his life on the cross as payment for our sins. They need to believe and become the children of God. Be a proclaimer of God's grace and mercy and warn the willfully blind and deaf while they can still receive his message. Time is running out. God loves you so much.






No comments: