Sunday, June 6, 2021

Fellowship



Many are lonely for friendship and a deeper fellowship.

Fellowship in the Bible is from the Greek word  Koinonia; fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, a friendship based on common interests.

A simple understanding is that people of opposite beliefs cannot fellowship together. An old man had an illustration using a rope. He handed the rope to a newly married couple. If they pulled in opposite directions, then there would be strife. If they pull and walk together then they will live in harmony and accomplish things together. They may have different talents and abilities yet, they have a common belief in God. Having Jesus in a relationship brings unity.

The Bible says that there is no fellowship with light and darkness.

2Co 6:14  You are not the same as those who don't believe. So don't join yourselves to them. Good and evil don't belong together. Light and darkness cannot share the same room.

2Co 6:15  How can there be any unity between Christ and the devil? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

Jesus prayed to His Father concerning those who believe in him.


John 17:14  I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 

John 17:15  I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 

John 17:16  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 

John 17:17  Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 

John 17:18  As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 

John 17:19  And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. 

John 17:20  “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 

John 17:21  that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 


Being united as one in the family of God is true fellowship. Come to Jesus, believe in him and be assured that God has given to you everlasting favor.



No comments: