Monday, June 7, 2021

Ministry



What is Christian ministry? I liked an answer I read from got questions.org.


Ministry can, and should, include ministering to the physical, emotional, mental, vocational, and financial needs of others. Jesus did, and so should we!


Today I visit an 88 year old  friend in a convelesent hospital. I had talked to her on the phone and she said she and her roommate were looking forward to my visit and that they wanted me to share from the Bible. Well, I was in for it. When I checked in, I had to put on a thick mask followed by a clear plastic visor . Then a hospital gown and vinyl gloves were provided for me. I asked the nurses aid, "where is my scalpel?"  I was as a doctor or hazardous waste technician.


My friend was glad to see me and her room mate was being tended to, and would be joining us soon. When both ladies were in the room with the 6 foot distance, I opened in a prayer. I gave the room mate a Bible and she read from it. The mask I was wearing filtered out everything including air. I was soon choked up with carbon dioxide.  After a time of difficulty my friend said, that mask is hard for you. Neither of them wore masks.   She said to me" the quarantine is to be lifted Wednesday, so come back again when it will be easier to breath for you". Both Christian ladies took turns praying, yes and for me. They were my ministers. I made an appointment to return on Friday.  One thing I have seen when "ministering" to Christians in a hospital. They end up ministering to you. God is not bound by our infirmaties. I was'nt much use today, but two lonely ladies  in rehab prayed for me and were blessed by God. To God be the glory. Sometimes we just need to get out of the way.


Rom 5:1  Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Rom 5:2  Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 




No comments: