Friday, September 11, 2020

When Suffering Comes



Today is 911, and as we remember that date in 2001, many were killed and many suffered unjustly. I am sure that God was there giving grace to the innocent. Even atheists call out to God when there is tragedy.


 1Pe 2:19  For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly. 

1Pe 2:20  For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. 

1Pe 2:21  For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 

1Pe 2:22  He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. 

1Pe 2:23  When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 


In every life there will be a time of suffering. In the context of these scriptures there is more grace given when we suffer unjustly.  If we receive punishment for wrong doing, there is no credit.  God is very familiar with suffering, for His son suffered the most excruciating pain at the hands of demonic men. He suffered for us; can we suffer for him, giving all glory to our Lord to the very end? In our weakness he gives more grace.


LORD God if I forget to thank you and praise you in the midst of suffering and in my final days in this life I want you to know that you are my great hope, I love you and delight in you and thank you for this life and I am so grateful to be with Jesus in eternity. His suffering and blood paid for my salvation and he has made me acceptable by his grace. Thank you so much for choosing me.


No comments: