Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Justified


Gal 2:16  yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. 

Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
Gal 2:21  I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. 

The world needs Jesus. Through faith in Jesus we receive grace and salvation. We are saved from hell and justified, declared not guilty of our sins. Galatians is the book of grace, God's unearned favor, by faith in Jesus Christ.

My first book to teach from was Galatians. The former teacher was a truck driver and he was called away, so I was given his position to continue teaching at our church. The year was 1981. Rodger is a kind hearted Vietnam vet, who  just pitched in and helped wherever he was needed. He definitely has the gift of helps. When he taught Galatians he repeated over and over that Galatians was about grace.  Only in the sacrifice of Jesus do we receive justification and enter into God's eternal life.  Apart from grace we are judged by the law and just one sin can keep you from heaven. The world needs Jesus, our nation needs Jesus, we all need Jesus and his grace.

No comments: